Wednesday, February 6, 2013

English Language: Learn and Fun !


We are in the fourth week. And in this week we are studying about English pronunciation. For me, this week is being the most important because my specific problem about English language is how to pronounce the words: speaking and listening. However, today, in the workshop, Joyce Mandell, a very nice and intelligent teacher, taught us about pronunciation and,  in her speech, she said that we have to learn the pronounce the words but we aren’t native speaker. In other words,   we should not constrain us when we talk some sound wrong. That's part of learning. The important thing is to establish communication.  And the best message: learning through practice and fun.  She used some musical instruments and other resources in the class to facilitate understanding of the sounds of letters and words. That’s why, I will really practice much more and I won’t fell so sad if I make a mistake in pronunciation.

Thank you, Mrs. Mandell !

Joseana

3 comments:

  1. Joseana I agree with you. I think pronunciation is very important for us and for me I think it is the most important in English. I love to listen someone speaking in English. This is language is a song for my hears. It`s indispensable to know how the words are pronounced correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, girls. As we learned today, pronunciation is very important but a very difficult task for a non-native speaker. Day by day we can practice and find different ways to teach better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Longer, stronger and higher in pittch... The way all professors show and teach us simple things are so interesting! We have so many things to learn.... and so little time! But all this time that we have spent here all these experiences are helpful to improve our skills. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete